Click here for Printer Friendly Shooting Safety Rules
Shooting Safety & Range Rules
1. ALCOHOL: No alcoholic beverages before or while using the facilities. NONE!
2. FIREARM CONDITION: The range operates under COLD RANGE rules, which means all actions open and firearms unloaded and cased or holstered when not on the firing line.
3. RANGE CONTROL: No more than 4 shooters on the line at one time on one bay unless one person actively serves as a Range Officer to coordinate fire & cease fire. Absolutely no handling or loading of firearms while another person is downrange.
4. MUZZLE DIRECTION: All firearms on firing line must be pointed downrange only and except for shotguns and rifles being carried, muzzles may not be pointed above the side berms at any time.
5. ELEVATION OF FIRE: Except for shotguns, elevation of all fire must be kept below the top of the berms and the top of the target holders.
6. CLOSE TARGETS ON LONG BAYS: Because of possible skip and ricochet hazards, shooting at targets closer than 100 yards from shooting benches on 200 yard bays is not allowed. Shooting at targets closer than 50 yards from shooting benches on 100 yard bays is not allowed except for approved events.
7. TARGET BACKERS: Do not move the target backers. They have been set at prescribed distances. If you want to shoot at close target backers, go to a shooting bay designed for close shooting.
8. TARGET PLACEMENT: Only use the supplied target backers and steel gongs. No ground placed targets except for approved events.
9. DRY FIRING: Dry firing downrange only and from firing points only as with loaded firearms.
10. SHOOTING HOURS: Shooting only during daylight hours except for approved events.
11. LITTER: All users must pick up and dispose of all trash – i.e.: cans, bottles, targets, boxes, shot shells, etc.
12. WILDLIFE: No shooting at wildlife on premises.
13. YOUTH: Youths under 16 years of age must be accompanied and supervised by an adult. Youths not shooting must remain behind the firing line.
14. BERMS: Absolutely no climbing or traversing the safety berms.
15. GUESTS: Members (and age 21 or older) may bring guests, and must accompany and supervise them while at the range.
16. BREAKABLE TARGETS: Except for clay pigeons, no breakable targets unless for approved events.
17. PROHIBITED TARGETS: Use of targets that are photographs of people or look like people are not allowed except for approved events (such as law enforcement activities).
18. EXPLOSIVES & INCENDIARIES: No explosive or incendiary weapons or ammunition.
19. IDENTIFICATION: Proof of membership must be shown to any other member upon request.
20. GATE LOCKING: The gate must remain closed and locked upon every entrance and exit from the range except for approved events.
21. ARCHERY BAY: Do not use broad heads on target bales. If you must practice with broad heads, bring your own targets.
22. RULES ENFORCEMENT: All members are authorized to enforce the range rules. Violations of any rule, vandalism, or any unsafe activity are grounds for membership revocation. Please report violations to anyone named on entrance gate or any BOD member.